People complaining that pay per click image hosts are virus

A general forum for just about anything
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
WackyTomato
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

People complaining that pay per click image hosts are virus

Postby WackyTomato » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:13 am

What the fuck? Why is it that lots of people online complain that per-per-click image hosts like ImageTwist or ImgChili contains viruses? I don't get it. My anti-virus software never detected anything bad from those two hosts.
Gallery Dump Rocks! Visit my other galleries:
gd
Ten years a perv

Re: People complaining that pay per click image hosts are vi

Postby gd » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:28 am

You may never saw a warning by your antivirus, but these ads are show only to people from specific countries (geo targering).

Image hosts themselves does not contain viruses.
Banners/popups do.
Usually popups, which are trying to autostart download malware programs. Like fake flash player, fake media player, etc.
Banners are not really malware, but few antivirus programs may block them.
In both cases the antivirus shows a warning.
Want more? Visit my
oliver
Site Admin

Postby oliver » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:25 am

There's also the case of people dumb enough to believe the fake advertisements telling they must update their flash player and shit, and who confuse "scam for naive netizens" with "virus".

It's always been like that, people flagging ad sites as virus, sometimes it's right for a small portion of the people, most of the time it's not even worth bothering yourself with.
Doc
Moderator and Beast Killer

Postby Doc » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:24 pm

There is one going around facebook. people claim its a virus if you click on a video but actually the reason there accounts get hacked as they say is because they have actually added their login details to a mobile app which has given the app maker access to your details. Which is where the spam comes from.

Anyway it has nothing to do with what has been brought up in the top post. I've had a few popups or pages load as intermissions that usually have a auto play sound file say your computer has a virus and you must download. Then they have those anoying boxes that say are you sure you want to close this window. Which i hate the most so i just click on the close tab button repeatly till the whole page closes. I don't click on the yes and no boxes as sometimes they can be ways of initializing a download.