ImageTwist seems to reduce pic quality

A general forum for just about anything
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
WackyTomato
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

ImageTwist seems to reduce pic quality

Postby WackyTomato » Sat May 14, 2016 4:43 am

Hey guys,

Anybody else noticed recently that ImageTwist automatically reduces the quality of pics you upload? For example, the pictures I upload now all look like shit. A picture that is 87 kb on my hard drive is now like 37 kb after being uploaded on ImageTwist. This is frustrating. :(
Gallery Dump Rocks! Visit my other galleries:
gd
Ten years a perv

Re: ImageTwist seems to reduce pic quality

Postby gd » Sun May 15, 2016 12:34 pm

They remove EXIF data for sure, don't know if they compress the uploaded images.
I don't have time to test it right now.
Want more? Visit my
Doc
Moderator and Beast Killer

Postby Doc » Sun May 15, 2016 12:46 pm

I've just uploaded some big photos and quality isn't bad. click the pictures to make them bigger.

oliver
Site Admin

Postby oliver » Thu May 19, 2016 8:45 pm

Maybe it depends on the person, or on more complex data ? Could you provide one of the original images you used for testing ? We could try uploading it ourselves...
WackyTomato

Postby WackyTomato » Fri May 20, 2016 5:09 am

I am currently abroad using a cheap ass 4G internet connection. The ISP might be the one automatically reducing quality to reduce data usage.
Gallery Dump Rocks! Visit my other galleries: