Updating in the next days

A general forum for just about anything
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
oliver
Site Admin

Updating in the next days

Postby oliver » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:07 am

Heya guys,

I'll update the forum's version in the next days.

Just saying, if you see the forum temporary down, missing or in maintenance, no panic. As I was logging in to the admin CP to ban somebody, I noticed the banner message about a version update.

I usually load directly internal pages of the admin panel, from browser memory, and that banner shows only on the homepage of the admin, so actually, to be frank, I should have done the update earlier already, :oops:

No massive change will be implied, it's just an upgrade from a minor version to another.

My biggest concern will be not to fuck up and lose Pryda's undocumented changes. For this, I'll use my good old Beyond Compare software program to see how the current version is different from a vanilla same-version phpbb, make notes, proceed to the upgrades, and reapply the customizations.

Did you guys see the 3.1 branch of PHPBB btw? It's plenty cute I feel =)
Doc
Moderator and Beast Killer

Re: Updating in the next days

Postby Doc » Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:57 pm

I still can't access the staff area. Keep being told to re-login and then it justs keeps asking me.

oliver
Site Admin

Postby oliver » Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:04 pm

I've had the issue twice, Doc, deleted my g-d cookie and it worked again. Weird, right? Probably some bits of the phpbb code base have become too obsolete, which is also why I need to update.

I'll have more time soon, at last, and do that shit ;)
oliver
Site Admin

Postby oliver » Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:32 pm

Looking into the changes.

No sign of a malevolent change, which is a relief, so the mod-unable-to-log-in is mostly related to the crazy abundance of code snippets belonging to dozens of forum addons that were added over time, most of which are disabled, or are not disabled perhaps, as two mod systems cohabit within the system and I can't freaking be sure anymore.

Sounds confusing to read? Imagine me comparing a vanilla phpbb 3.0.11 with the current gallery-dump 3.0.11.
And resisting the temptation to throw to the gutter the complete mod system, only keep Pryda's changes, and try to see how things would work with something fresh.
But I know we'd be soon drowning in spam otherwise :(

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable