Xclicks : BIG WARNING THE SITE MAY SHUT DOWN AT ANY TIME

Here you can discuss the various webmaster affiliate programs
oliver
Site Admin

Xclicks : BIG WARNING THE SITE MAY SHUT DOWN AT ANY TIME

Postby oliver » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:16 am

Don't know if you noticed, but Xclicks is slowly going down the drain. The admins take forever to respond, their forum takes longer and lover to have spam removed, and the downtimes of their servers are becoming more frequent.

I'm NOT advocating to move to another traffic trade script, which would be complicated.

But : I realize it would be a CATASTROPHE if xclicks were to shut down without warning, when lots of traffic is generated between xclicks links, and not through hard links.

So : save to your disk the list of your xclicks traffic trade sources, guys ! Who knows, if the worst happens, you'll "only" (a big only, but still, an actual only) have to install a traffic trade script and reinitiate trades with the sites that were trading with you. You will have the list of those sites in order to get everything back into working order.

Otherwise, if you don't save that list, who knows how long it would take to recover your volume of xclicks traffic, or if you'd ever recover it.

To save your list of trades, I found no easy way to export it. The bulk export button exports outdated crap not relevant to anything.
So, I did it like that : go to xclicks.net, log in, go to [ Trades for "my website" ] ... and I saved the web page to my disk, control-S, good old-school way !

I hope I won't need this backup, but in case the worst happens, I won't be starting again from zero. And now, I shared this advice with you guys too :)

--

31st march 2014 update :
- Xclicks has now a new prolungated downtime on one of their servers
- their domains xboard.ws (support forum) and xnlinks.com (mentioned on their home page) are now on sale
For fuck's sake, guys, backup your settings when you still can !
On top of all, go to the list of your trades, and export the list of them all, so that you may contact your trades to suggest to migrate to your new (assuming you'll setup a new one) linktrade system !
I'm suggesting Trade Expert 3 as a migration platform.
cooper88

Re: Xclicks users, an idea just struck me

Postby cooper88 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:02 pm

Thanks Oli for the suggestion. I did as you said immediately now. Good to have a backup :)

xclicks seems to be going down to shit and I still haven't found an easy to use alternative trading script with the same functionality.
oliver
Site Admin

Postby oliver » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:56 pm

Yeah, isn't it strange now that I think of it, that no quality alternative has popped up ? And yet, there IS a market for this. Hundreds of millions of clicks every day, every where. Skim even a percent of them to advertisements, and it is highly proffitable for little charge...
Doc
Moderator and Beast Killer

Postby Doc » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:47 pm

its probably because no one shared the script. thats why there are no alternatives.

if you look at the xclicks site. its not been updated in a very long time. the copyright is 2005 to 2006.

Can't you just use a system similar to what we use with the banner rotation on here.

oliver
Site Admin

Postby oliver » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:22 pm

Their support forum, www.xboard.ws/, has now stopped working for more than 4 days.

Guys, it's really time to save the list of your trades.
oliver
Site Admin

Postby oliver » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:28 am

Tomorrow I'll start testing Trade Expert 3, they have a toplist feature. Who knows...

Are you guys interested in an experience report ?
(If "yes", I may take more extensive notes during the process)
cooper88

Postby cooper88 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:04 am

Yes please Oli,

I did test TE3 for a bit and got very weird results registering incoming traffic.
I was too lazy to contact their support and all that but I know that you are more persistent :)

It would be greatly appreciated if you keep notes.

Note, when/if you do, please start a new thread for TE3 as I think many webmasters will find it interesting ;)
oliver
Site Admin

Postby oliver » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:26 pm

I finally got Trade Expert up and running.

After the script runs for two full days, I'll be posting my experience report :)
cooper88

Postby cooper88 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:37 am

It seems like the whole xclicks network is down at the moment not just 1 server.

Maybe this is what Oli has been predicting not so long ago?
oliver
Site Admin

Postby oliver » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:13 pm

Looks like it's working at the present time. Knock wood, and, FFS, backup your data guys, on top of all the list of the sites having a linktrade with you !

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable