Randomly pick images from a local source ?

Here you can discuss the various webmaster affiliate programs
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
oliver
Site Admin

Randomly pick images from a local source ?

Postby oliver » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:50 am

Hello,

Just wondering. Say you have a source directory with several hundred items, on your disk.

Would you know of a way to randomly select (and then you can copy-cut-paste them) a number of them ?

Other than control-click scroll control-click scroll control-click scroll control-click scroll control-click scroll control-click scroll control-click scroll control-click scroll control-click scroll control-click scroll control-click scroll control-click scroll control-click scroll control-click scroll control-click scroll control-click scroll control-click scroll control-click scroll control-click scroll control-click scroll control-click scroll control-click scroll control-click scroll control-click scroll control-click scroll control-click scroll control-click scroll control-click scroll control-click scroll control-click scroll control-click scroll control-click scroll control-click scroll control-click scroll ? ;)

My setup is windows 7, it's not a remote server question.

Thanks if you know :)
NoviceAmateurs

Re: Randomly pick images from a local source ?

Postby NoviceAmateurs » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:41 am

I wrote a program in C# to scan my MISC Content directory for files and subfolders, it then saves this information into text files (so they can quickly be reused later without rescanning the entire thing unless you want to) and then copies X random images into a folder.

I've even added in the ability to add text water marks and zip the content. Also the ability to add constant files into the zip archive (link to your site, text file for advertising purposes, etc).

I can give you a copy if you want.
- Free Image Hosting Services
- Free Daily Amateur Photo Sets & Mixes
- Amateur Slut Selfshots & Selfies
- Free Video Tube & Video Hosting
oliver
Site Admin

Postby oliver » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:16 am

Hey NA :)

Never ran C sharp before, can I get it running if I install Visual Studio Express ?
If yes, sure, I'd be very glad to use that program, thank you :)

(Plus, simply looking at the code and learning to understand how it does the things it does will be worth it)
NoviceAmateurs

Postby NoviceAmateurs » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:44 pm

It's compiled into an exe, you don't need visual studio. I'll shoot you a PM with info.
- Free Image Hosting Services
- Free Daily Amateur Photo Sets & Mixes
- Amateur Slut Selfshots & Selfies
- Free Video Tube & Video Hosting
zabijaqqq
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby zabijaqqq » Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:45 am

Total commander mass rename tool
->

Put [=tc.random number] instead of [N] and you have all files in dir remaned to random 0-99999.

Align them by number and select first hundred or how many you need.
oliver
Site Admin

Postby oliver » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:53 pm

Hoooooo....

That's good to know, Total Commander being already at home on my machine...

Thanks Zab, it's a shock to see you back! How have you been doing ? :)