MySQL Start Error / Server Issues

Here you can discuss the various webmaster affiliate programs
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
NoviceAmateurs

MySQL Start Error / Server Issues

Postby NoviceAmateurs » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:17 pm

- Free Image Hosting Services
- Free Daily Amateur Photo Sets & Mixes
- Amateur Slut Selfshots & Selfies
- Free Video Tube & Video Hosting
NoviceAmateurs

Re: MySQL Start Error / Server Issues

Postby NoviceAmateurs » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:19 pm

oliver
Site Admin

Postby oliver » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:05 am

Ah, much more complex than what I was expecting.

Last time I had an issue of that genre, according to appearances, that was actually that a server update had made /tmp read-only, which only allowed mysql to run poorly in limited mode, and didn't allow it to start at all once I closed it for testing.
I lost feverish hours pulling my hair out before I imagined it might be a rights issue on /tmp, wish I had tested for it sooner.

Will keep a memory that kind of issue can happen, just in case, thanks mate :)
oliver
Site Admin

Postby oliver » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:10 am

Reflecting on your original problem.

I'm not sure what has been happening to you, if I may ask...

You had filled up disk space but weren't aware of it ?

Or, if you had not, how can you simply run short of inodes, for Pete's sake ? Was your cron about clearing them ?!? O_o
NoviceAmateurs

Postby NoviceAmateurs » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:33 am

Considering the server hosting the site right now is no longer an active fileserver (it's still server old images but not accepting new ones, another server is taking all my new uploads) I couldn't understand how the harddrive could be full or it couldn't write to /tmp when I checked free space was 35% and /tmp was writable.

How can you simply run short of inodes, for Pete's sake?

The simple answer is database bum hurt butt rape (my server was being molested). More specifically the cron is cleaning up my sites dirty laundry:
1) In order to be an effective image hosting website and get my bang for my buck, my thumbnails are always hotlinkable for obvious reasons but I don't want people to be able to hotlink the images hosted on my site otherwise I won't make any ad money and will have to beg for nickles on the street to support my bad habits. The way this works is that the script generates symlinks when you visit the page with the image to call up the actual image. These links are only supposed to be valid for a certain period of time and are supposed to be cleaned up by the cron job. This is similar to getting a direct download link from a file hosting website that will work for a short period of time after you click download.
2) Another thing is that every image view needs to be recorded by the script to record ip address for the payment system so you're only paying a user once per ip per 24 hours. I'm not a paying image host but the system is still there in place and running for my own personal observations.
3) Certain generic queries are run and cached to increase page load times.
4) Cleaning up other useless expired session info, logs, captchas, etc

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable