ImgChili Stats Analysis (Spoiler Alert: It may shock you!)

Here you can talk about the various image and video hosts
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
NoviceAmateurs

ImgChili Stats Analysis (Spoiler Alert: It may shock you!)

Postby NoviceAmateurs » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:51 am

I initially wrote this as a post here at Gallery-Dump but it took me quite a bit of time to write it and my session actually timed out and I lost the post when hitting submit. I think quite a few people have eluded to this in the past that they don't make as much money with ImgChili (maybe I've even posted about it a time or two) but I have actually done some analysis on two years of stats that I thought may interest you guys.

http://noviceamateurs.com/image-hosts-t ... -imgchili/
- Free Image Hosting Services
- Free Daily Amateur Photo Sets & Mixes
- Amateur Slut Selfshots & Selfies
- Free Video Tube & Video Hosting
gd
Ten years a perv

Re: ImgChili Stats Analysis (Spoiler Alert: It may shock you

Postby gd » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:29 am

As you said in your conclusion, only Bob gets paid.
That's how paid views are counted by the majority of these image hosts.

About the shaving - could be some, but all file/image hosts shave your earnings anyway. :)
Want more? Visit my
oliver
Site Admin

Re: ImgChili Stats Analysis (Spoiler Alert: It may shock you

Postby oliver » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:06 pm

I am... intrigued, earnestly intrigued.

In your Excel manipulations, did you consider there might be a threshold before the views were counted ?

I think of the evidence you obtained, where there were no paid views even though you had users from more than one zone, which excludes scraping at least for an initial part.

For instance, there could be a rule to "start counting in order to pay only after the nth unique".

Also, maybe - it's a "maybe" - there's Adblock to consider. If it is possible to detect the presence of Adblock in the browser of the visitor, then it would be logical to exclude the adblock users from the paid count.

This last part about adblock, however, would only account for a part of the "one out of five" paid users (or was it out of seven ? Damn, I 'm already forgetting). Unless Adblock usage is shockingly more spread than we'd think.

Oh - unless it's something regarding mobile users not seeing the ads, something like that.

Or if there are no ads shown for visitors from certain countries, also ?

I once had that discussion with someone from Juicyads, they recommended that I deleted one of my ad zones, because it was badly placed, and caused many views but nearly zero clicks, with, eventually, a kind of "bad reputation" effect on the whole rest of my ads. Another time, I was told there was an exceptionally high proportion of Chinese views for an ad zone, and that it had become essentially worthless for "real" proffitable visitors, and no western buyer would bother to buy that ad anymore.
(Side note: guys, that lesson is still valid today for all of you, if you have sucky ad spots, do NOT place in there a new ad zone from your otherwise OK ad network, better place in there PPS banners, or nothing at all. Do not "contaminate" your good spots with the bad rep and bad stats from the bad spots.)
If I had been a paying image host, I would have either given up on showing my well-earning spots to the Chinese, until the moment I found a (probably nonexisting lol) proffitable ad company that would reward well for Chinese views.

Well... just random thoughts, as they come to me...

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable