New Pay for Views Host - ImageReverb.com

Talk about your bad experiences here, so that other people don't fall for it.
newsgroupreverb
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

New Pay for Views Host - ImageReverb.com

Postby newsgroupreverb » Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:50 am

I'm making the announcement here that I've started up a pay for uniques image host. The site is ImageReverb.com and in addition to the image hosting there is also a gallery dump and a forum. The big thing though is the Image Hosting that I have coded up for revenue sharing. This of course isn't anything too special or new. The prime difference is that I would like to try to be a lot more openly involved with the members of my site.

I have set the payout at $1 per 2500 uniques, and here is the full deal. Uniques are on a 24 hour period per gallery. That is, if say static ip man 101.101.101.101 comes to one of your galleries, he'll get counted on that gallery only once and then not again for 24 hours, but if you have a second or third (and so on) gallery then he can also get counted on those as well. In other words, the uniques are tied to each gallery for only 24 hours, after which they can be counted again.

I chose uniques for a few reasons, the prime being that it makes for a better "sales point" (I'll be straight honest on that one for you). To be able to say that you pay $1 per 2500 uniques looks better then a payout for say 9000 page views. In the end, my unique to views ratio is about 4 to 1 as is (i.e. viewers on average create 4 "views" per unique address), which puts me about on level with ImageFap. I say "about", because I also specify exactly what traffic is counted, and what is ignored - and when ImageFap is counted up, the number of pageviews you need for ImageFap is about 10,000 - unless you have really good US only traffic.

Here is the test from my agreement for traffic payout:
3a. Traffic must meet the following requirements in order for it to generate revenue for the user;
- Traffic must come from the following top level domains to recieve full credit: .au (Australia), .ca (Canada), .ch (Switzerland), .de (Germany), .dk (Denmark), .es (Spain), .eu (European Union), fr (France), .ie (Ireland), .is (Iceland), .it (Italy), .nl (Netherlands), .no (Norway), .nz (New Zealand), .se (Sweden), .uk (United Kingdom), .us (United States), .vi (Virgin Islands), .com (Commercial), .net (Networks), and .org (Organizations) - This includes all UK commercial and network domains as well.
- Traffic from all other countries and domains will be discarded.
- Traffic from machines that do not share their ip addresses will discarded.

I've setup payout via PayPal and e-gold, but don't expect paypal to stay around as an option for very long. I've been told they don't much like sites like mine. I'll be notifying all members when a switch to just e-gold is going to occur and at the time possibly add another payment service in its stead. Also for payouts I've stated in my terms of service that I will follow a 15 day turn around time for making payments. I don't expect to push payment much past 5 days though, unless it becomes necessary to use the full 15 days.

This is a young and new site and I am still tweaking things. I always welcome feedback, unless its to tell me that the site has popups and that you don't like pop-ups. Yes I know it has them. Otherwise any constructive criticism is welcome and appreciated. Only with time can I make this into something decent.

Cheers,

PS - I do so hope that you will give ImageReverb a try. (corrected from tray :wink: )
Last edited by newsgroupreverb on Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check Out: - Earn Money by Posting at ImageReverb, great revenue sharing program.
cooper88

Postby cooper88 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:58 am

Well thank you for your straight to the point presentation and I hope the host is a big success. It was about time somebody started competing with IFap.

BTW... I was very impressed with the text and the lack of typos throughout. It would have been just perfect if it wasn't for that LAST word. :lol:

Oh well, best of luck :wink:
newsgroupreverb
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby newsgroupreverb » Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:39 pm

Oh dear me... hahaha. Never post late at night after eight or so hours spent flying home with layovers. Kind of like being drunk, only not as fun...

Thanks for the kind words. Now to just correct that little misspelling.
Check Out: - Earn Money by Posting at ImageReverb, great revenue sharing program.
nenesse

Postby nenesse » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:46 pm

cooper88

Postby cooper88 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:31 am

LOL... I see a lot of our members are giving your host a go for it's money newsgroupreverb, I hope they don't flood your servers :lol:

By the way for those that wish to give the host a try, newsgroupreverb forgot to give a straight link to the host so here it is:

http://www.imagereverb.com/register.php

I hope it works out well for you guys and please keep this thread updated with your comments about the service.

:wink:

EDIT
: The page layout screws up dramatically when viewed at 800x600 :roll:
newsgroupreverb

Postby newsgroupreverb » Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:36 am

boobhunter

Postby boobhunter » Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:49 pm

to newsgroupreverb

is traffic from Poland ( belongs to U.E. ) is counting as well as the the traffic from countries you specified ?

and the next question

is your system counts all imageviews from gallery or only clicks of links to galleries ?
lefty999

Postby lefty999 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:48 pm

visite www.xxxview.be for more amateure
newsgroupreverb

Postby newsgroupreverb » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:52 pm

jL

Postby jL » Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:58 am